Please read your instuctions thoroughly. The instructions say.. "Type the USER NUMBER into the password field on the screen as follows... USER=XXXX If you type it exactly as it appears above, with no spaces, when you press the enter key, the user number will appear in the User Number field on the screen. If it does not appear, try again.
The problem you are having with your CheckMAN software is most likely caused because the appropriate font file has not been installed correctly.
Download this patch and install
IMPORTANT: Bee sure to close your CheckMAN software before running this patch.
Once this patch has been installed, you should no longer see letters printing along the bottom of your checks, and the numbers will print in a bank style MICR font.
You are using "draft" for the product name instead of "personal". This is the first field when entering new checks. By default it is set to "draft". Simply change it to "personal" and you will be able to print blank or "personal checks".
Please use the Tech Support form below.
Your previous password will not work, because a new serial number was generated during the re-installation. Please use the form below to request a new password. Your USER number will remain the same.
The file and receipt copy boxes on the new check page are for "reference" only. You will need to set this up in the "Browse Products" section of your program. Please see your printed user's manual, or online help file for complete details.
To transfer your current CheckMAN database to another computer, on the computer that has the current installation please do the following:
- Click Start
- Select "My Computer" or just "Computer"
- Select Local Disk C:
- Select a folder named "Checks"
- Right-Click the "check.tps" file, and select Copy
- Move to the computer you wish to move the software to, and install the software here: http://checkman.com/demo.htm
- After you click "Finish" in the installation Wizard
- Navigate to and open the same "Checks" Folder on this newer computer
- Then Right-Click anywhere in the folder except directly on an Icon(Right-Click in the white area)
- Select "Paste". If it asked permission to overwrite an existing file select either "Yes", "Yes to All", or "Copy and Replace"
- Lastly, Close out of any windows, and try to access the program. If you have any errors or issues with this, please let us know. If the software opens asking for a password, please reply back with the serial number. If the software opens correctly w/o asking for a password, you should be ready to utilize the program like before.
Unfortunately our software does not work with Windows' built in compatibility wizard on the 64bit version of Windows 7. However, Microsoft does have a work-around that you can view at the following website URL. To learn more about, and to install "Windows XP Mode" please visit the following website: Windows Virtual PC. Please note, this work-around provided by Microsoft is only available to Windows 7 Professional or higher.
To check your computer setting please do the following
- Click Start
- Right-Click "Computer"
- Select "System Properties" or just "Properties"
- In the new dialog box, you should see your system specifics.
If you are currently running Windows 7 Home Premium, unfortunately, you will need to upgrade to at least the Professional version of Windows 7. To upgrade please read below
- Click Start
- In the search field at the bottom of the Start Menu, Type "Windows Anytime Upgrade"
- Select the option to "Visit Microsoft’s website to choose the version that works best for you."
- Once an upgrade has been done, please refer back to the link at the top of this message to download "XP Mode", and then attempt the download of our software.
The software will run on Windows 7, but you will need to follow the steps below before the program will run. Here is what you need to do, to disable the UAC.
- Go to Start then Control Panel.
- In the upper right hand corner type "UAC" in the search field.
- You should see Change UAC(User Account Control) Settings
- Slide the bar all the way to the bottom to "Never Notify", or uncheck the "Use User Account Control Settings" check box.
- Shut the computer down and then turn the computer back on.
- If a password is needed when opening the software, please reply with the serial number.
In order to get CheckMAN to run under Windows Vista, you must turn off the User Account Control. Do so by following these directions:
- Go to your start menu, and select Control Panel.
- Select Switch to Classic View from the top-left of the Control Panel screen.
- Open the Administrative Tools folder
- Open the System Configuration.
- Click on the Tools tab.
- Click once on "Disable UAC" to highlight.
- Click Launch.
- Perform a complete "Shutdown", and then turn the computer on.
- Please reply back with the Serial Number at the top of the Password Screen and we will issue the correct password to unlock your software.
Please use the Tech Support Form Below for help.